4.20.2008

No Pizza!

This is the first time in the history of my existence that I spent an entire day in New York without having a slice of pizza. I feel like I should have imploded already - that I've violated some major universal law. I'll have to make up for it and have pizza for breakfast.

Anyhow, I woke up at 7:30 this morning to catch the train into the city. Liz said that the train station was only a few blocks away, so I planned accordingly. Well, a few blocks was more like at least a half mile. I just rounded the corner as I saw the train off in the distance already pulling away from the station. BOO!! So I was late to meet up with my friend Caitlin.

After dropping my stuff off at her apartment, I went to Union Square (as always) and wandered around Forever 21 and Strawberry. I bought an orange and had my free Starbucks sandwich on the steps. Of course I went into Virgin Megastore, and this time I actually picked up an application. I am sticking around for at least a week so I can help Caitlin move. I figured I should probably try to earn some money while I'm here. I would *love* to work there. I may just stay all summer if they hire me.

I wandered around for a while longer before meeting up with my friend Lauren. She's so awesome. She took me back to her dorm room and gave me dinner. On the way, there was a guy in the subway singing blues songs. He had an amazing voice, so we walked up closer to where he was. He totally sang to Lauren, it was hilarious. We then went to a cafe and she was going to write while I read. It reminded me of when I was in college and used to spend hours at coffee shops with my friend Kathryn. She was the best study partner I ever had. I completely miss being in school.

I'm now back at Caitlin's and we just ate an entire bag of popcorn (the kind that's already popped) while watching this silly movie. I'm so tired.
Oh yeah, if you are reading this and live in the area, Caitlin could really use some help moving next monday (the 28th). She just had knee surgery and is worried about hurting herself moving things. Get in touch with me if you can offer any of your time.
Thanks for reading!













No comments: