3.06.2008

Preparations

Somehow over the last few years I have forgotten how to keep people updated.


So anyway, I've had to postpone my moving date twice now. I'm pretty much set to go... I've got to go through my stuff once more and slim down my clothing selection so it all fits in one suitcase. I've decided that I don't need all 7 pairs of ROOS to travel with. Some of them can stay at my mom's. I'll be cleaning my car out early next week and strategically planning how to pack my belongings into it (and still be able to sleep in the back if need be).

There are a few things I'm still worried about. 1) I don't have a lot of money. 2) My car has 181,000 miles on it. 3) I don't want someone to break in and steal the rest of my stuff.
I am fairly certain things will be alright, though.
I have enough to get to Florida for sure (the VERY roundabout way). Once I'm there, I can work and save up some more cash before moving onward.
The car thing, well, just keep me in your prayers! Everything that we know about has been fixed in the last few weeks. I'm going to glue the rest of my good luck toys and figurines to my dashboard in the next week so if you have something you want to contribute, or you want to help out let me know. I'll be adding bumper stickers as well.

If you feel like helping me out in any way (charity!), I would gladly take gift cards to food establishments. I bought myself 1 bowl, 1 plate, 1 knife, 1 fork, 1 spoon, 1 paring knife, and a small cutting board so I can still buy groceries (cheaper and healthier than eating out). I have a small collapsible cooler to keep things for a couple days. However, I won't have access to kitchen facilities unless I'm staying at someones house. So Cracker Barrel breakfasts start to look like unobtainable luxuries...

Anyhow, I plan to keep you informed with posted images of my current location:
This is where I'm starting off.
Feel free to email or comment whenever you wish. It will be good to hear from people (especially after my last road trip, when after 2 days I was starting to talk to my stuffed animals propped up in the front seat...)

And fyi, I've got an aircard with Verizon broadband service and an adapter to charge my laptop in the car - so I should always be able to get in touch via the web (as long as there is a cellular signal to pick up). Ahhh, technology is fan-fucking-tastic.













No comments: