3.19.2008

Day 3


I'm not thrilled at the moment.
I've stopped at 3 rest stops for hot chocolate and none of them have had any. Note to self: buy some hot chocolate packets.

When I was a kid I can remember musing with my brother about what it would be like if everyone on the planet farted at the same time. I think it would smell like north western Indiana, that's for sure. I have nothing good to say about Indiana so I guess this one will be short.

It was difficult to leave Kathleen and Collin's place. They are such wonderful people - very welcoming. I ate better than I have in quite a while. I really appreciated them letting me crash in their living room for the past few days - slowly unwinding from the stress of the previous week. I didn't want to wear out my welcome, however. I really do enjoy Chicago, and it was a bit sad leaving the area.

Now I'm on the road. I would like to sleep sometime soon, but every rest stop I've been at in Indiana has given me the creeps. I've learned to trust those gut instincts over the years. So creepy rest stops get just that from me - a brief rest. I may end up at a motel. Either way, I will be going straight to sleep, hence the blogging now before my night is done.

One very excellent thing happened today. I found the entire Chronicles of Narnia series on mp3! I can now listen to my favorite books while I'm driving around seemingly aimlessly. (I also acquired Plato's Republic, The People's History of the United States, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.) Another exciting thing is that I was able to put season 2 and 3 of Arrested Development on my iPod. So at least I have some entertainment while resting at these creepy truck stops...

Anyhow, I will be getting back on the road now. Thanks for reading.

PS My elbow really itches.













No comments: