11.18.2009

Memories

I'm in the middle of taking a music survey for a local radio station. They are apparently counting down the top songs of the DECADE. I'm only halfway through this musical journey and I have found myself smiling more than once at memories connected to some of these songs. They aren't necessarily even good. Alien Ant Farm's cover of "Smooth Criminal" popped up and it reminded me of working for ITIS at Alverno when Napster was still up and running and I would listen to my strange mix of downloaded music while building computers for the staff at the college.

It got me thinking that I'm going to have to compile a list of favorite albums or songs from the 2000s. I normally do a top list of records at the end of the year, so this will just have to be an expansion.

As much fun as it is listening to songs that I don't normally think about, it's also got me a bit sad. A whole decade has passed by. So much has happened in those 10 years - growth, pain, adventures, loss - it has been amazing, yet bittersweet.

Any way, stay tuned for my top albums of this decade. I bet some of you can guess what the majority of those albums will be!

EDIT:
My preliminary list is 171 albums long. Definitely need to cut this down!

No comments: